The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has many excellent consumer articles on everything you need to know about buying, financing, building, maintaining or remodeling your home.
Below are two of those articles.
Read, Learn & Enjoy,
(1) Buying a home is one of the smartest purchases you can ever make. One reason is that home ownership has many positive tax implications. The three most important sources of tax savings for home owners are the:
- deductions for mortgage interest
- deductions for real estate taxes
- capital gain exclusion for the sale of a principal residence
Combined with the home buyer tax credits available for qualified purchases of principal residences by April 30, 2010–up to $8,000 for first-time buyers and $6,500 for repeat buyers–the tax savings from home ownership make buying a home today a rewarding financial decision…Read the whole article HERE
(2) Conditions are ideal to purchase a home. Here’s why:
- Interest rates are at historical lows
- Home prices have decreased
- There is a large inventory of homes on the market to choose from.
- FHA has excellent loan programs qualified buyers.